Pay-per-click, also known as PPC is another online marketing strategy to promote your business. The whole thing about PPC is that when you place your Ads, you will have to pay the “Advertiser” whenever your Ad is clicked. One will be able to set your daily budget based on impressions/per click basis.
Allow us to further illustrate a little on PPC, let’s have a look at a Google search for Keyword “tuition agency”.
When you place your Ads with Google Adwords (PPC), once your ads are approved it will appear at positions indicated in black box. This is Pay-per-click; your ads will be visible to visitors who search for relevant keyword terms. The red box refers to organic search results, the outcome of SEO. Based on research, 75% of visitors will look at organic search results corners whilst 20% will look at PPC corners.
PAY-PER-CLICK (PPC) OR SEO
The advantage of using PPC Ads is the moment your ads are approved, visitors who search for the keywords you chosen will be able to see your ad. Sales lead may be generated, but only from the small 20% of population who view the PPC corners.
Unfortunately, PPC is not a preferred method due to the following:
- With PPC, you will only be able to attract a small 20% of consumers who search for your related keyword terms.
- A very expensive advertising method – Due to the fact that you may face competitions with others who are also placing Ads like you, each click can easily cost you $5 or more. So for 100 clicks, how much would you have spent?
- You stop your ads – Traffic stopped. The moment you stop your PPC ads, they will automatically be removed and traffic to your site will no longer be generated.
SEO – Inexpensive Advertising method to get customers
Many businesses/companies employ PPC or SEO as one of their advertising strategy. However, SEO has proved it’s’ effectiveness as well as being the most inexpensive advertising method over PPC:
- Highest ROI (Return on Investment) Marketing strategy
SEO will increase your sales without proportionately increasing your marketing costs, thereby growing profits exponentially and over time. With SEO, you will be able to further your business goals at a better ROI than other comparable forms of online advertising methods. SEO is like a magnet, constantly attracting potential customers/visitors to your website.
- SEO works for you 365 days a year, 24/7
SEO works for you non-stop, 365 days a year and 24/7 every day. Visitors will also be able to locate your business website all day long, because of SEO. Branding and customer awareness have also been established, more people will know about your company/business.
- Constant organic traffic flow to your business website
When your website appears on the top page of search engine, you will have constant flow of organic traffic to your business site. Turn curious visitors into your customers, increasing your monthly sales lead.
- Millions of searches every day, month and year
With the increase in technology, more people are using the search engines for any products/ services of interest. Can your business website afford not to be seen?
- Inexpensive yet effective method
With SEO, maximum online visibility in the market will be achieved. Your business will be able to reduce other advertising costs such as Pay-per-click (PPC) ads.